Tuesday 28 October 2008

Arty Girlz weekly challenge # 58 Fabric

The Arty Girlz challenge this week is to use fabric on your creations this does include felt, it could be something as simple as a little fabric flower or a whole quilt.

I love Caludine Hellmuths work its so fun and whimsical, and reminds me of when my son was small and we used to sit and watch a cartoons together one was called Angela Anaconda amongst others and her work so reminds me of the happy days of sitting and watching t.v with my son.

Any way here's mine it's kind of a poppet doll of my Aunt Rosie claudine Hellmuth style


I painted a 4x4 canvas yellow and added blue circles made by dipping bottle tops in to the paint and stamping them. For Aunt Rosie i printed a pic of her cut it across the shoulders glued it to water colour paper then tore a piece of text paper from a book and glued that from the shoulders down, when dry i cut it out painted it with a blue wash when dry you draw in the dress detail with a black pen. i gave her some yellow buttons then glued her to the canvas, my fabric element is the heart , i cut a heart shape out from blue fabric did some yellow stitching around the edge and glued it to the canvas.




14 comments:

indybev said...

Definitely in the style of Helmuth. Good for you!

Chriss Rollins said...

she's wicked..love the circles too
chriss x

Faye said...

Aunt Rosie looks a bit "blue" but I know this very special card would cheer her up. Great work!

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Crissi, thank you for your lovely comment :) this is fabulous and I agree totally with the last comment, it is the style of Claudia Helmuth :) x

Unknown said...

Wonderful work - simply wonderful X

Anonymous said...

It nice. I like colours.

joanne wardle said...

really fun. love it

Powerful Search Engine said...

Yummy background and the outfit is great too! Pascale :)

Linda said...

Hi Crissi,

Love your challenge work. Your aunt will be proud.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'll let you know if you win. :)

Linda

Louly said...

This is great! I love the bottle top idea!

Ruth Philps said...

Fantastic use of contrasting colours so vibrant and very Claudine!!

Chris said...

I just love your arty style Crissi and your canvas is wonderful... I'm sure your Aunt will just love it :D
Thanks for your comments on my blog too... it means a lot and I love the challenges you and Julie set us :D
hugs
Chris xx

Julie Allain said...

Brilliant as always Crissi and you definitely bear a resemblence to your Aunt xx

Crissi Harvey said...

aw hope not julie as she got older she had no teeth and went a bit dolally Bless sadly shes not been with us for a good few years now :-(